Terms and conditions
This website ArnoldClark.com/sell-my-car is operated by Arnold Clark Automobiles Limited, a company registered in Scotland, company number SC36386, registered office at 454 Hillington Road, Glasgow, G52 4FH, VAT Registration No. GB 334331879.
- Purchase contract
- Price and payment
- Our liability
- Ownership and risk
- Law and jurisdiction
- By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- We reserve the right to update and amend these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Website. It is your responsibility to check for such changes. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given such announcement. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
- While every effort is made to ensure continued access to the Website we shall not be liable to you for any loss of access or interruption of your use of the Website. In the event that it is necessary for us to withdraw your access to the Website in order to carry out essential maintenance then we will make reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of this when attempting to access the Website.
- Any complaints should be directed to our Customer Service department.
- We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website and the material contained within (or any part) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or its contents.
- We are fully committed to compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data. For information on how we collect and use information please see our Privacy & Cookies Policy
- The use of this Website and any contract formed through or on the basis of information provided through the Website shall be subject to Scots Law and any dispute arising from such use or relating to such a contract shall be heard exclusively by the courts of Scotland.
ArnoldClark.com/sell-my-car is our online service to allow you to sell your vehicle whether or not you are purchasing a vehicle from Arnold Clark. With just a few simple steps we will provide you with an online valuation of your car. On the basis of the information provided by you your car will be valued and subject to the following assumptions being satisfied and a satisfactory inspection of your car within seven days from the date of valuation the valuation is the price which will be paid for the car.
Unless otherwise declared, we will make the following assumptions when valuing your car:
- Your car has over 1 month's MOT.
- Your car is not an import.
- Your vehicle has not at any time been subject to an insurance write off or used for private hire, driving tuition or as a police or emergency service vehicle.
- Your car has no damage, including interior and mechanical.
- Your car is not a non-runner.
- You have two sets of keys.
- You have the locking wheel nut (if applicable).
- Your car is in average condition for its age and mileage.
- Your car has no major mechanical faults.
- You have the car’s full service history and vehicle manuals.
- When you complete the online valuation process we will provide you with a valuation on screen if possible, or shortly thereafter by email or telephone at the contact details you provide.
- The valuation will be provided on a “Subject to Contract” basis. We reserve the right to withdraw the valuation at any time without any legal consequence or liability to you. If an appointment has been booked and we require to change your valuation we will endeavour to notify you at least one Business Day before your appointment
- It is essential that the information provided by you is correct as it is the basis on which we provide the price given in the valuation. Any incorrect or misleading information will result in an inaccurate pricing valuation being given which will be considered as void and withdrawn by us.
- When we inspect the car, if the mileage has increased by 50 miles or more since the date of the valuation, a new valuation will be given based on the up-to-date mileage.
- We accept no liability whatsoever for any valuation provided which may include any unintentional mistakes or errors or by systems failure. If a mistake has been made you should notify us directly as soon as possible so that the mistake can be corrected and a revised valuation provided.
- All prices given in the valuation will be in pound sterling only and will be inclusive of VAT.
- Prior to completion of purchase, we will carry out an onsite inspection of your car and its service records to confirm that your car conforms to the Assumptions, that the information provided by you has been correct and that your car has no mechanical defects.
We may revise the valuation if:
- Your car does not conform to the Assumptions; or
- Any information provided by you is incorrect; or
- Your car is found to have any mechanical defects; or
- The condition of your car has significant impact on the valuation; or
- We become aware of other factors which you did not disclose but which affect the valuation of your car; or
- More than seven days have elapsed since we provided the valuation of your car.
- Following our onsite inspection of your car we will provide you with a verbal offer to buy your car for the valuation (as revised in accordance with Clause 5.2 if applicable (the “Price”) on the basis of these terms and conditions. Our offer will be open for immediate acceptance and performance.
- A contract will be made between us on receipt of your written acceptance. We are entitled to withdraw our offer at any time prior to your acceptance.
- When the contract is made you will deliver to us at our premises:
- The car
- All copies of the car’s keys
- The V5 vehicle registration document
- The car’s service history
- The unexpired MOT certificate
- The car’s vehicle manuals
- Any accessories including but not limited to locking wheel nuts, radio fascia, remote control.
Price and payment
- Prior to payment of the price we will carry out an HPI check to ascertain whether your car is subject to finance. If the HPI check is clear and you have implemented clause 6.3, we will pay the price by electronic transfer to the bank account of the registered keeper in three business days.
- If your car is subject to a finance agreement with a third party we may agree to proceed with the purchase provided that we have received from the third party a written statement confirming the amount that is required to settle the finance agreement (the settlement figure) and from you your written authority to pay the third party the settlement figure and that the price is sufficient to cover the settlement figure.
- We will pay any settlement figure to the third party within ten business days and any balance of the price after allowing for payment of the settlement figure to the bank account of the registered keeper in three business days.
- We are not responsible or liable for any loss except from cases in which our negligence resulted in loss of, or damage to, our physical property. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury that we cause. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to condition 8.1, our maximum aggregate liability to you under or in connection with any contract with you shall not exceed the value of the car.
Ownership and risk
- The risk and ownership in your car will transfer from you to us at the point the purchase invoice is signed and the car is left onsite in our possession.
- You remain fully responsible for insuring your car until risk and ownership in your car has been transferred to us.
Law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and any Purchase Contract made under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of Scotland and both we and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.