Fleet and commercial insurance FAQs

Fleet Insurance FAQs

What will fleet insurance cover me to use my vehicles for?

You will be covered for business use, social use and carriage of goods, but there must be an element of business use on all vehicles.

What vehicles can I get cover for on a fleet insurance policy?

Private cars, vans, tractors and special-type vehicles. Any vehicle will be considered as long as it’s being used for business.

Is there a restriction on the age of the drivers covered?

General options are any driver over 21, any driver over 25, or any driver over 30. Or, you can specifically name drivers, especially younger drivers from 17 years upwards.

Is there a limit to the mileage covered under a fleet insurance policy?

Mileage is not an issue on a fleet policy.

Motor trade insurance FAQs

How do I cover vehicles during demonstration?

This cover is provided within the road risks section of a motor trade policy on the basis that such drivers are accompanied. We are also able to offer Unaccompanied Demonstration cover on some occasions.

Who can drive my cars?

We can arrange for cover on a variety of driving basis, be it an any employee basis or a named driver basis, depending on your requirements.

How do I cover vehicles loaned to customers?

The road risk section of a motor trade policy can be extended to provide cover for vehicles loaned or hired to customers while their vehicle is in for service or repair.

Is it possible to insure my own vehicles?

Roadrisk cover provides cover for all vehicles in the custody of the policyholder, and we are able to extend policies to cover vehicles owned or registered to directors, partners, principals and their spouses/partners.

What cover is available for diagnostic equipment?

Diagnostic equipment in particular is expensive and our policies extend to cover this. It’s important that detail of such equipment is fully disclosed (including security arrangements) and an inventory is maintained.

Do I need Liability Cover?

If you employ anyone or have anyone working at your premises, you will require Employers Liability Cover, we would also recommend Public Liability to cover against injury or damage to third-party persons or property.

Tradesperson FAQs

What if my trade is not listed on your system?

If you are having trouble finding your exact occupation or trade, please call us on 0131 555 5999 and we will be happy to help you.

Will my van be covered under the tradesperson’s policy?

Unfortunately no, you would have to cover your van with either our van insurance or, for multiple vehicles, our fleet and commercial vehicle cover. To ask us about what cover will be best for you, just give us a call on 0131 555 5999.

What is public liability cover?

This will cover against your legal liability for death or bodily injury (other than to an employee) and/or loss or damage to third-party property arising out of the operation of your business.

Would I need employer's liability cover?

If you have any employees or any person is working under your instruction (labour-only subcontractors), you should have employer’s liability insurance, as this will insure you for claims made by employees for compensation following an injury/accident for which you are liable. This is a legal requirement within the UK.

Can I cover my tools/plant/equipment?

Yes, we are able to offer cover for your tools/plant and equipment at your home address, while on-site or in transit, including cover for loss by theft.

Is Contract Works cover included?

We are able to offer Contract Works cover as an extension to the Contractors policy with various levels of indemnity available.

Looking for something different?

Not quite found what you’re looking for? We’ve got a range of other car insurance products to protect what’s important to you.