Home insurance

Protect your home and belongings with Arnold Clark.

Get a quote Retrieve a quote

Policy overview

Home insurance with Arnold Clark offers peace of mind for your home and its contents.

With low excesses as standard and minimal policy exclusions, Arnold Clark home insurance ensures you have the most comprehensive cover.

Choose from a range of policies to suit your needs, we know that no one size fits all.

Why choose us?


Immediate cover

Get an online quote and you’ll be insured within minutes.


24/7 support

A dedicated UK-based home insurance team available to give you support when you need it most.


Competitive insurance quotes

We have a panel of insurers to give you the best premium available.

Additional products

We offer a range of useful additional extras to make sure you can relax, knowing we’ve got you covered


Key cover*


Gadget cover**


Family plus legal***


Home emergency***


Home excess protection***

* Supplied by Keycare
** Supplied by Supercover
***Supplied by Coplus


Can I get immediate home insurance cover?

Yes, as long as you have a valid debit or credit card and your bank authorises it, we can issue cover online immediately. If you do have any questions, please give us a call on 0131 555 5999 and one of our team will be happy to help. However, if our lines are closed, we will not be able to assist until the following working day.

How much should I insure my building and contents for?

Buildings – Your building should be insured for the cost of rebuilding (not the current market value), which can usually be found on the buyers’ report or survey you got when you bought the property (although, if this was not in the last few years, the amount will need to be increased to take inflation into account).

Contents – Contents insurance would include furniture, appliances, carpets, clothes, personal items and any other item you’d take with you when you move home. These should be insured for the amount it would cost to replace them at today’s prices.

Will my policy cover accidental damage?

Buildings – If you have taken out buildings cover, your policy will cover any accidental damage to fixed glass and sanitary ware – for example, if you were to drop something heavy into the wash-hand basin and crack it. If you want full accidental damage for things like accidentally putting your foot through the floor of the loft, you will need to choose this as an extra option.

Contents – If you have taken out contents cover, you’ll be covered for fire, flood and theft of contents to the agreed value. If you need more extensive accidental damage – for example, to cover the TV being smashed or paint spilling on your carpet, you will need to choose this as an extra option.

Need a quote?

Start here

Looking for something different?

Not quite found what you’re looking for? We’ve got a range of other car insurance products to protect what’s important to you.